2004 in a nutshell aka What I learnt this year ....

...shamelessly stolen from every other blog I've read in the past few days...

Seems that everyone has a list.. a summary of what happened in 2004 for those too lazy to troll the archives, a list of what may or may not have happened or what you wish had, and general observations of the year in passing.... so here is mine.

- my family has this hugely unique way of becoming more and more dysfunctional with each passing year. We out dysfunction the Osbournes completely and totally. I have two sisters named Tara, I have a step sister named Adena, an ex bf who's brother's name is Dean and his sister's name is Deanna and no one has a clue who I'm talking about when I say "Dean".

- my two best friends in the world are such complete opposites yet exactly alike... so much easier when they do this whole alike thing because I know what I'm dealing with.

- I had a boyfriend who broke up with me but still keeps me around until something better comes along, but denys any and all of it... ok, you have to read the archives because I can't summarize this.

- Planned and performed a wedding for my best friend in 5 weeks.

- Went to Victoria for my birthday with Adena and her bf, grew to hate her bf even more .. 4 days in the same space as him is enough to give me an ulcer.

- Going to Orlando this coming spring break - got a steal of a deal on a rental house for the time we'll be there - granted this didn't happen yet, but we've been planning for some time.

- Going to San Fran in Feb for my best friend's birthday present... again, didn't happen yet, but in the works since Sept.

- Going to Nfld in a couple of weeks... in the works for awhile again. Party on George St!

- got laid a few times aside from the boyfriend stint, all in all good sex... although I think I have had a few Avatar moments this year as well.

And I have learnt that shit happens.. well and truly it happens...

Suck it up princess.. life's hard, get a helmet.