Ungrateful people...

It's cold... damn fucking holy bejeebus cold... -20 and with the windchill its over -30something... After you hit -30, its just numbers (and numbing). And windy..I think that if I speak up now, I may get the chance to open Hawaii...dreamin, but hey gets me through the day.

So, with it being damn fucking holy bejeebus cold, everyone is going outside to start their cars so they're warm before having to leave at 2200'ish. So someone very foolishly locks their keys in their truck. So being the very nice person that I am, tell them that if they don't succeed in getting something sorted or someone that knows how to jimmy in, then I'd call my roadside assistance. I've had it for 4 yrs and never used it for anything, and paid good coin for it, I figured I might as well put it to use. See, with my RSA, its the car I'm driving, not just my car.
After 30 mins of no success with anyone knowing how to break in, I offer up my RSA again and call it in. Now I'm finished work at 2130 and its 2110.
They tell me at my very lovely, thank you, love you, RSA call centre that ETA for the tow truck is 30mins or less (I thought maybe I was ordering a pizza). I was happy grateful, thanked everyone profusely....

Mr Tow Truck Man (who looked like a member of ZZTop) shows up bang on 2130. So off I go to my "car". Like a magician, he had the passenger window down in about 4 mins and we were in. I gush my thanks and am ready to hug the guy who's fingers are probably numb and thank him profusely several hundred times. I sign away my life and off I go in the "car" to the front door of the building. Baring in mind that its damn fucking bejeebus cold, the Someone went back inside seeing as they weren't needed and my "car" was parked in ButtFuck Idaho in the parking lot.

I drive up to the front door and get out, go start my real car and then go give the Someone their keys to my "car".

Not one thank you, not one "how much do I owe you?", not one iota of gushing in gratefulness, nothing. Only just the question of "How much will this cost?" When I replied "Nothing, its covered under my roadside assistance.", they asked if I was working tomorrow. I replied I was and then they hopped into my "car" and drove off into the blithering cold.

I didn't do this to be gushed at, and I didn't do it for the recognition or whatever you're thinking... I did it because I'm far too nice for my own good... but a thank you so much would have made me feel good about it... instead, I wish I hadn't.