5 Feet of snow....

Well going into work today, I had planned to deal with hell.... however, I was not anticipating the 138 ppl in queue at any given time nor I was expecting that every flight in and out of YYZ was cxl'd in the morning and that the effects of this would be _this_ horrific...
At about 1600 they had 2 runways open in YYZ, deicing queue was 30 planes long and 4.5 hr wait on the tarmac whilst everyone is on board...
I left at 2200 and there was still a LONG queue...
I was mildly amused today when someone called me from Pearson and they had been previously booked on Jetsgo and Jetsgo cancelled their flight and pretty much said too bad so sad and did not reaccomodate anyone... so we gleaned the results :-) I booked several ppl that were displaced and the first caller passed the phone down to the next to the next... what were they thinking??

That said, I came home to fix my blog template... _I think_ we're right side up except for the archives for November, but I think its because I had nothing good to say in Nov and there is only one post so everything is adjusted appropriately ... and I can't suss the archive link to figure out how to align it without having little dots all over the place??!?
The loverly comment thingie wossname works just groovy, its in lovely creamsicle orange. I decided that if I was a crayon, I would be an orange one.. so why not have creamsicle as the flavour of that...I'm still working on fixing the byline for the comment line but I'm blind from the html... Tomorrow's project..I dunno, but screw it, every thing else looks fine...

So Christmas eve already... wow. I've done all my shopping, I've done the wrapping that I can (there are some presents that are just slightly rather large mishapen that are getting a bow and a "here, this is for you") and all I have to do tomorrow is pre-cook breakfast sausages so that Christmas morning is just a warm up and waffles to make. Rachel is excited because she gets to be "Santa" and put things in Nanna and Poppa Greg's stockings. Anyways, I can't rant anymore today as I'm absolutely exhausted and far too much time has been spent today bitching... so with that, I leave you with a feel good Christmas story.

Christmas 1977, Star Wars had been released that year and I was 7 and my sister was 3. We had gotten some Star Wars stuff and a bouncy horse (you know the kind with the springs and you bounced and rocked on it?) and various other treasures. My sister, stark nekkid, bouncing on the bouncy house in the picture window. (Now before all you weirdos freak out, we lived on a farm at the dead end of a road, 5 miles from the highway and the closest neighbour was nearly a mile away) For some reason that Christmas, both grandma's were with us, which was unusual.. it was usually one or the other. We were completely snowed in, snow was probably close to 4 ft deep. All of a sudden my sister starts screeching "It's Santa, it's Santa!!!"
Running starkers to the door, she opens it up and standing at the door with all the rest of us in pjs staring at Santa and an elf that had just appeared in our driveway on a skidoo. Santa had a sack of goodies for everyone. R2D2 bubble bath for my sister and I, bubble bath for my grandmother's, something for mom, but it may have been bubble bath too and my father's wrench that he had lost. My father engraves all of his tools and being that there was 4 feet of snow, we skidoo'd everywhere since roads were never ploughed in the back country for days after a snowfall and it had fallen off the runner of the skidoo just before this last snowfall.
It wasn't until I was 30 years old that I found out who Santa was (or the elf for that matter) and if I remember what my mom said, it was several years after that Christmas that my mom even found out.
This story has always made me believe in the Christmas spirit and I know that this "Santa" passed away a few years ago and I hope he knows that I forever will remember this Christmas and the spirit that it gives me every year. Thanks Santa :-).