Alzheimer's...

There are some wonderful positives about caring for an alzheimer's patient...
-If they get upset about something, you can distract them with something new and they forget why they were upset to begin with....

Granny did NOT like that I was driving my sister's car to go to the store... so my sister started blowing bubbles with soap and water... Granny giggles like a little girl and forgets until I pull up again.... more bubbles, the world is all good.

- You gain ten pounds because she wants to go out to eat every meal, and has forgotten that we ate at the restaurant yesterday so the menu is new again and we don't have to spend 20 minutes on each item with her to decide if she'll like it... just order the same thing again!

Since I was little, Granny always wanted to go out for meals when you visited... so no matter what, you had to go or she'd be offended... we managed to only have to go out for two of 7 meals, yay! However, I think I've gained 10 lbs from all the cookies she kept shoving in my face.

-Siamese Fighting Fish!

We got Granny a betta fish. It has provided hours of entertainment and instead of staring at the wall, she stares at the fish! We taught her how to put the mirror up so he will 'fight' the reflection. She named him George. Can't decide if my father will be offended or not... however it is an apt name for a fish. ;-)

-The Bath Lady

Granny has home care that comes every day to give her a bath. Some of the ladies she loves, others... well she could care less. But I became the bath lady yesterday morning because she was very confused. BUT it meant that I could escape with my bestest friend in the world without a song and dance and explanations. Yay for the bath lady.

Its very hard to say goodbye to Granny every time because it is highly possible its the last time I will see her. She makes me cry every time as she is soooo sweet and cuddly when she's telling you she will miss you and she loves you. *sigh*

So it was an emotionally crazy couple of days, the bed is older than I am and I think I found every coil in the mattress and instant coffee in a coffee maker (that's what she made for me for breakfast) *shudder* ... it was worth the journey, but I need a massage...

Time for work for me, more on my sister's hell later