Yosemite Sam said it best...sufferin suckatash

I had this nice long winded post about feelings and inadequacies and the like and somehow it got eaten by the imps that live in this computer and I've not the energy to put it all down again as it took quite a bit out of me emotionally... the gist was basically "ARGH" at the world and several people that apparently co-exist in it.

Shithead still hasn't been served as he refuses to return his lawyer's calls. Presumably because he owes money. His lawyer apparently can't be arsed to hire a process server because he doesn't want to incur any more costs that he isn't going to get back... Let me back track here a little.....

When you are finished with something legally - ie child support, unless you are pursuing something else, your lawyer files a Ceasing to Act with the courts and serves it upon opposing counsel so that if you are being pursued for something else, the opposing counsel must serve you directly. My lawyer (E) did that when we finished child support. His lawyer (H)did not. So when I filed for sole custody, it was a nice thing that we didn't have to get a process server ($$$), we could just serve H. So the paperwork went back and forth a couple of times between E and H because H refused to accept it because H wasn't his lawyer anymore... but under law, he had to accept it because H had not filed his Notice of Ceasing to Act.
We were to go to court today (the 17th), however, on Thursday at end of business (the day that any notices by opposing counsel/respondent were to be in), H calls E and says "We can't get ahold of the respondent, does your client know where he is?" Well it took me all of 15 mins to find him, why H can't do what I did... well its because it will cost him money. Because H didn't file the CTA, he will incur the process server fee. Which isn't my problem. And if dipshit was smart, he'd sue his lawyer once this was all finished.
My problem now is that they _still_ have not served him.
Which means that things are dragging out even LONGER than necessary. *whine*
I left a message for E hoping she'd let me know today where we're going from here, however no return call today. I'm hoping that we can serve his mother instead since she will be compelled to tell where he is or face jail time. Either way, I'm not paying for any of this crap, including all of the courier costs that were incurred because of H's ineptness with the law. E has been teaching him the ins and outs of family law since April!
And until the sole custody paperwork is done and finished, I can't complete my will.
See? Argh...

on that note, I'm going to bed... oh and one more thing.. 2 weeks and no comm... whats with that?