Rachel

I'm really proud of her. She has decided that for Hallowe'en, she is going to dress up as a Breast Cancer ribbon and collect for the Breast Cancer Foundation. She wants to go out for Hallowe'en, but I've told her no more trick 'r treating as she's getting too old. She wants to go out with us, so this is what she came up with. We are going to make a sandwich board of a ribbon for her to wear and I just finished crocheting her a pink touque and she'll wear a pink sweater and white pants.

I wasn't sure if it was 'legal' for her to collect without something official from them, so I called them to ask if we had to do anything with them. They said as long as she doesn't collect any single donation over $20 (they don't give tax receipts for less than that) or if there is a donation of more than $20, that the donor understands there are no receipts given. So she's good to go.

I'm going to keep her home from school the morning of the 1st of Nov so she can go into the foundation in her costume and turn in her collection.

I couldn't be prouder.