Dr Birch

I've noticed as of late that there are alot of people searching for info about Dr Birch and winding up here and I didn't write a whole lot about him, however, given that when I search for him, not much comes up either, I thought I'd write a little more extensively.

When I was 31 wks, 3 days, the day Presleigh was born, I was transferred from Rockyview General Hospital from the care of Dr Birch's wife (a nurse), to Foothills Medical Centre, to the care of Dr Birch. He met the ambulance crew and I in an ultrasound room, and set me up on monitors and left me be to get some good 'tapes' of Presleigh. Around 6 pm, he came in and started discussing what he was seeing on the tapes, talked with my mum and I for quite some time, said "I'll be right back" and came back 15 mins later with a team of 4 doctors and made the decision that Presleigh was to be delivered tonight and had each doctor discuss risks and complications with regards to aestetic, Presleigh, c-sections and everything... I might also add he's kinda cute, but when you're stressed out and can't see straight thru the tears, I'm sure anyone is cute ;-)

He did not perform the c-section, it was a different doctor who's name for the life of me is not coming to my mind - I just know he was the one that bruised the hell out of my stomach.

So for anyone searching about Dr Birch, he was fantastic with me for the duration I was in his care and I'm grateful that he and his team did an amazing job and ensured that my bundle of joy arrived safe.

Foothills Medical Centre is the only hospital in Southern Alberta that delivers babies prior to 32 weeks and they have an amazing NICU/SCN. I've been invited to be on the Parents Partnership Committee for the Foothills NICU and I'm looking forward to being involved in it.
I've had a digital camera to donate to the committee since Mother's Day but welcome to my crazy summer of getting it there, however, the first committee meeting is Tuesday evening, so it will be coming with me.

Anyways, thats my two cents about Dr C Birch.