Hey baby, have I got a deal for you

Prior to working for this fabulous airline, I spent nearly 5 yrs of my life in an alarm monitoring station doing everything from data entry to technical support to dismantling alarm systems. There isn't an alarm system that has been manufactured in the past 15 yrs that I can't dismantle, disarm or break into... scary really.
This particular alarm company is HUGE. They have several hundred companys that are dealerships ( example... you buy a cell phone from Radio Shack that supplies service from X cellphone network... they're a dealer for X network..similar idea) and then this big assed alarm company monitors them all.

When I did work for this company, I would get door knocked or telemarketed by various dealerships trying to sell me an alarm and I would always politely decline saying that I worked for the company... today, I get the telemarketing call...

"Hi ma'am, my name is and I am calling on behalf of X company, authorized dealers for XYZ. We are..."
I interupt with,
"Thank you, but I work for XYZand I'm not interested thanks."
"Oh, you work for XYZ? Which branch?"
"The monitoring centre."
"Oh.. there is no monitoring centre."
"Pardon?"
"There isn't a monitoring centre."
"Ummm could you tell me what I have been doing for the past 5 yrs of my life then? And how the alarms are responded to and handled then?"
"Well I guess then in a monitoring centre."
"Very good! Could you please explain how you figured there wasn't one?"
"It doesn't matter ma'am, you're right"
Of course I'm right I think to myself... dumbass
"And you're with X dealership correct?"
"Yes"
"Great, thank you. Since you're promoting a monitored service, you MIGHT want to find out how they actually work."
*click*
I have a number of friends that still work for XYZ and one of them is responsible for quality assurance with respect to the dealerships... I left him a nice voice mail. Happy Monday David ;-)

How is it that the telemarketers target my # and I get the stupidest fucking people calling me??? I SO cannot wait for Canada to implement the Do Not Call law.
First it was the fertilizer lady... and yes I'm fucking sure I don't live on a goddamn farm... and now this. But if you think about it, they have provided blog fodder... hmmm

I'm off to test the samples from the party last night ;-)