As days go...

...today wasn't all that bad at all. In fact, I quite enjoyed it.

Now before all the naysayers yell at me for being a dumbass, read the rest of this before you yell at me :-)
Devin called on Tuesday after he got laid off wanting to shoot the shit. We talked several times that night because he kept forgetting to tell me things and would call back. The last call was at about 10pm and he was quite drunk. He has decided he is going to go to Fort McMurray (buttfuck Alberta) and work the seismic camps up there. Its incredible money (2 grand a week clear) but there are alot of draw backs to being in a very isolated camp for 5 weeks at a time. So we discussed it as rationally as you can with a drunk, and I reminded him how important to him his family is. With that, he laughs and asks me again to marry him. To which I replied "If I thought you would mean that when you're sober tomorrow, we would have set a date already."
So then he calls me again Wed morning after he has gone to an interview that he walked out of (eeeeh??) and then went and wrote safety tests to go to the camps. Come for dinner he says, I haven't seen you in ages.
Fine, I figure what harm...
I just got home.... 30 hrs later.
Now, here I would have thought that he would have tried something, as he usually does. Instead, when we're curled up in bed talking, he says more to himself than me... "I'm such a dumbass, I have a beautiful naked woman in my bed (yes I sleep naked, regardless) and I'm leaving her behind... Im an idiot."
There were sooooo many things I could have said, but instead I rolled over and cuddled with Zappa (the dog) who makes an excellent footwarmer :-)
When I woke up this morning, he had over slept the alarm despite him hitting snooze every 9 mins since 710am and I finally crawled out of bed at 930 and turned it off. I left at 1030 to go to work and he was still in bed. He needed to call in to list himself to go to camp between 730 and 830 and he didn't do it. His loss... But I did leave him a fresh pot of coffee.
Work was good, however Calgary Airport Authority Security are doing contract negotiations tomorrow and anticipate that they will be on work-to-rule starting at 0900... fabulous, great, wonderful. So I spent most of my evening calling folks telling them to be at least 2 hrs prior to flight... was fabulous.
Now, since its 9pm, I require fewd... off to forage and then to sleep since I didn't sleep all that well with Zappa snoring.