F is also for fourteen

Today my big girl turns fourteen. It is very hard to believe. Puberty, PMS and all the other challenges of being fourteen are here, however I must say that I am grateful that we are sane and despite the normal stuff, its pretty sane around here. I'm sure it will get worse in the next couple of years, but I am pretty blessed in that my daughter is a 'good girl'.

Sure we have our arguements and I get to the point of wanting to pull out my hair, but overall, she has pulled her socks up the past 8 months or so. She is on the honour roll at school, she is saving her money for her saxophone (and I must say she has done exceptionally well at it too!), she has stopped lying, and she is so good about coming home from school and hitting the books immediately.

This is such a change from last year!

So to my baby... Happy Birthday. I love you <------------------------------------------this much --------------------------------------------------------------------------------->