Bessie

Bessie is dying a sloooooow painful death. She is 11 years old and has a hard 178,000 on her. But she has been a lemon since day one. I have put 3 sets of tierods, a new head gasket at 64,000, new alternator, new timing belt, the transmission has been slipping since day one, and she needs so much work to pass a safety that it is pointless.

So, now that the check engine light is on 1 week after an oil change that the garage denies caused it (bulllllllllshit) and she's down a litre of oil and isn't burning oil and she's having a rough go of things, it is time to consider Bessie for the retirement home.

Scott is going to change the PVC valve and the spark plugs today and see if that helps with the roughness and the check engine light. If that doesn't work, she's headed to the garage on Monday for an estimate. If the estimate is more than $500, we're not going to do the work. Looking around last night online, I found some decent used cars for under 10 grand with low kms. As much as I want, really want, a brand new with warranty with 0 kms on it, financially its not possible.

So part of me wants the newer car and is hoping that the estimate is more than $500 so I can put Bessie to death (euthanasia to the car!), the other part of me wants it to be a cheap fix and I can get a bit more out of her so that I can get the brand new with warranty with 0kms on it in the nearer future.

On another note, R e v e n u e C a n a d a has decided to audit us again. They've decided that they are going to marry Scott and I because we share a residence. We're appealing again, however with that, they are withholding our C T C and G S T rebates and are causing me no end of stress. I received a copy of what I apparently owe and its already over 3 grand *laugh* and they haven't done the reassessment of our income tax yet. *laugh* I'm looking forward to this. <>

Today is my step dad's birthday and we're having dinner out and we're going to watch my nephew play hockey this afternoon. Presleigh enjoys watching hockey games and watching the puck go zoooooooming by.

On Thursday, it had been a year since Granny was gone. She has been missed dearly and I think of her often.