Talkative...

With the pouring rain that has been going on for a week now, I've decided to build an ark. I've also had to move the planters off the front steps as I had potting soil lava pouring over the sides.

I've started my books that I need to complete before ground school starts and my brain is mushy. Theory of flight, turbines, load and balance, centre of gravity, wing load, load factors, weather... METAR reports, SPECIs, 9 billion different types of clouds, windshears.. *eyes crossing*
I'm aiming to finish From The Ground Up and Air Command Weather Manual by the middle of July, ground school the last week of July, more shadowing at work and then I have my dispatchers course in Toronto the week of Nov 11-18.
All said and done, I should be able to write my Transport Canada exams by early December.

What will I be able to do when I'm done you ask?
I will be able to tell pilots where to go and how to get there. Planning the flight, ensuring accurate numbers as far as passenger load, cargo load, ensuring enough fuel from point A to point B, making sure that the flight path chosen is obstacle (weather) free - if not, choosing an alternative and ensuring fuel for same, choosing runway for take off and landing and weather in both cities (do we have wet/dry runway conditions? tail wind? wind gusts? unusual weather? air traffic control delays (go Toronto)? ).

I get to build a watch instead of telling you what time it is. :-)