The deets...

As many faithful viewers are aware, Dev and I have been on and off for so long that its hard to keep track of (try it from this side!). When he invited me over Friday evening, I made up my mind in the car that really this time that I had to say "Shit or get off the pot.". Next Monday would be our 1 yr anniversary and I didn't want to clear a year of this without clearing the air.

After a very long heart to heart conversation, where he spilled his guts, and explained his feelings and his confusion, (and he said I love you!) I said "I completely understand, however, I can't keep doing this. You need to shit or get off the pot." He said "You're right." and got off the couch.
I said "Where are you going?"
He replied "Going to take a big shit, stay here" and came back with his family crest ring that he wears and said "I realize its not the real thing, but until you get the real thing, I want you to wear this and I want you to marry me."
We traded the gold family crest ring for the silver one as the gold one was too big for my finger and I shall get the real deal at some point.

For the naysayers, the concerned, the worried.... I love you all very much for your concern and support. I do solemnly promise that this is not going to happen next week (I kinda need a divorce first) and I do promise that I take every day one day at a time.

I am happy.

And in other news.... we have a new addition to the Zoo. Last night getting the lawnmower out of the shed, a small mewing was heard. Upon searching of the shed, a smalllllll little kitten was found. Over the years, other rescues have happened in this house but they've all ended up at the SPCA... this one however won and has now moved in. Her name is Etcetera.

And the sad news... Grandparents of a childhood friend... they treated my sister and I like family and were wonderful people, D&E - D was having open heart suregery and had been in the hospital for a couple of weeks. E was going home to sleep, but was at the hospital with D most of the time. She went home one evening and her apartment was broken into and she was strangled to death and then the apartment set on fire... and the next morning, D, passed away in the hospital. Tragic tragic loss.

I think I need sleep.