Fun with Phones...

I have promised myself that I wouldn't update/post/blog/blather until I had something positive to say because I got tired of Devin shit and the negative impact it was having on my life... however, I have had the shittiest 36 hrs in absolute ages and I need to just vent...

I got awoken on Wednesday morning at 0800 with the strangest sound.. the phone.. who the fuck calls me at 0800 unless they're trying to sell me something...
"May I speak to Kristin please?" comes this very professionally cool voice. "Speaking" I groggle out in my half asleep haze after answering the phone with "I listen to Jack" (they're going to call me one day, I know, I believe).
"Kristin, this is Joan from CCAC in Ottawa with respect to your grandmother, Lenore." Ok, I'm awake now, bolt upright. If they're calling me, they can't find my sister who has power of attorney and something _bad_ has happened.
"Yes?" I manage to choke out.
"Kristin, Penny the Paramed caregiver went to your grandmother's this morning and she can't get into the house, which I understand is very unusual and she is concerned that there is a problem. We do understand that she had a dentist appointment this week, but unsure of when that is and nor can we reach your sister, Heather (ed: Heather=Deedee=Dee). We have checked with Mrs Seto and we can't reach Rosa either. (rosa = nite caregiver, Mrs Seto=neighbour and Rosa's sister)"
So after 90 mins of tracking my sister or trying to at least, multiple calls to various places trying to glean as much information as I can, and best of all, having to call my dad who, if you've read earlier postings, I haven't spoken to since 2001 - I send the police. I'm in Calgary trying to dispatch police with various bits of information - break in, take a locksmith, double deadbolts, need a window take this window so you can get in without smashing antiques, she has a DNR order on file, so no heroics please....my poor mother listened to me cry and freak out many many many times while we waited....and waited..

Then the stupid stupid stupid police call me... "Hi Kristin, we're at the house and are you aware of anyone that has a key to the house in the city?" "The next door neighbour on the west side, however, she is apparently not home according to the caregiver that reported she couldn't get in." "Who was it that reported it?" "Penny with Paramed, however, I received the call from CCAC" "Well, we are at the house, and we see something inside and we don't want to break in." HELLO? Im thinking, if you see her, get her to open the door if she's standing/sitting... she's profoundly deaf, so there are certain lights that flash for the doorbell, others for the phone for her TTY and the like...
"We don't want to scare her by having many officers breaking into her house and she doesn't seem to be coming to the door."
Ok, wait a minute, back up the bus... SHE IS NOT COMING TO THE DOOR BECAUSE SHE ISN'T ABLE TO OR SHE WOULD HAVE DONE FOR PENNY! eieieieieieieie
"What is it that you are seeing?"
"I'm sorry, I don't know"
WHAT do you mean you don't know??? lawd tunderin jeebus H christ, what part of this am I missing???
"Are you seeing her sitting in her chair, eyes closed? How are you seeing in? Are the drapes still drawn? Is she lying on the floor?? What?"
"I don't know, but they're afraid of scaring her?"
Now I know my father has been calling every 5 minutes and letting it ring and ring and ring and he's well aware that the police are at the house...so Im trying to figure out if the 'what' they're seeing is flashing lights or if its a person... still now, nearly 48 hrs later, I still don't know.
I suggested that they write BIG letters on a paper that said "Police, open the door" or something if they are seeing her and she's not coming to the door because she's scared or something...
I dunno..
But, she's safe, but injured.. she had fallen and has a complicated fracture to her right elbow and she's severely dehydrated and now admitted into the hospital.

The rest of the crap is long and complicated but lets just say that I think that it will be a huge blessing that she not survive the surgery on her arm tomorrow as I think that moving her to the home in the same town as my sister and dad (who abuses her verbally, emotionally and has been known to be physically abusive as well) is just such a bad idea....

Anyways... I'm still baffled by it all, but out of my hands...
either that, or I pray for her to pass the competency test so she can go home (which is bad because its unsafe)

Anyways, this stress bucket is off to bed