Around The World in 30 Days

Around The World in 30 Days Tour - before I forget to blog this again...
Last summer, Rach and I got in the car on the 27th of June at 4am and off we started driving to Ottawa.
My itinerary - July 27th Depart Calgary
June 29th-30th - Arrive Ottawa
July 2nd - Depart Ottawa for Heathrow
July 3rd - Arrive Heathrow at 10am
July 3rd & 4th - With Grant & Sarah
July 4th night - Jake
July 5th - Dave & Ang's Wedding
July 5th and 6th night - Jake
July 7th - sighseeing in Bath
July 7th night - B&B
July 8th - travel to London from Bristol, night with Tyler
July 9th - return to Canada
July 10-13 - Frannie & Kyle's Wedding
July 14-17 - curl up and mew at the cottage
July 18-20 - Drive home

My goal first day was Winnipeg and we so would have made it had Mother Nature co operated. It was raining so hard that my windshield wipers couldn't keep up and the semi trucks kept drowning me so we pulled off in Moosimin Saskatchewan..20kms from the Manitoba border. Argh.
Day two we made it to Thunder Bay - we pulled off too late and couldn't find a decent hotel room so we got stuck in Bates Motel.. it was turquoise and brown and had tile from floor to ceiling everywhere in the bathroom. The train was 10 feet outside the window and the room shook when the train went thru. I had a bit of a breakdown and started to cry in the restaurant and we had to go back to the hotel room. I called my mom and blubbered at her for awhile. I was so tired and hungry but couldn't eat or sleep.
Day three we made it to Blind River. We would have made Ottawa if we had pushed on after dinner but I was falling asleep at the table so I decided not to push it. I found out that my great great grandmother is buried there so off Rach and I go at 7am to fight off mosquitoes and blackflies to find her grave. Do we find it? No. BUT we have pictures to prove we tried. She died sometime in the 20s or very early 30s. There was a guy there digging a grave and we asked where the older markers would be, and he asked who we were looking for. I told him, but he seemed to think she died that week and she was in rough shape. I quipped "If she died this week, she was in really rough shape, she would have been nearly 180 yrs old!"He didn't think that was funny. Such humour at 730am, I astound myself.
We spent Canada Day with my bestest friend since I was 6. Jacy/Frannie. (Her name is Frances, but she changed her name when she was 14 to Jacy.. but I still call her Frannie... I'm getting better...) We discussed wedding stuff for her wedding on the 12th.
July 2nd, off I go to England for Dave and Ang's wedding. The relationship I have with Dave is weird and the fact that he and Ang got married after I forced their hands (You like her, she likes you... go out. You like him, he likes you..go out) is kinda cool but none the less is weird.
Jake is an ex boyfriend who I have managed to re establish a friendship with and I stayed with him for a couple of nights before he shipped me off to a bed and breakfast as he had to go out of town for work. He was robbed last year so he is ultra sensitive about his abode and using an alarm and the like. Violated I guess.
Anyways, the rest was pretty uneventful except for the very long 18 hr drive home from Dryden Ontario to Calgary in one day and we got home one day earlier than planned *cheer*
Anyways, more on these ppl later as time allows...I was going to bed and now T is on the phone so I must go...