Baby Daniel and other such drivel

He's beautiful.. tiny tiny.. I can't remember Rach being that small.
long fingers and toes.. loads of reddish brown hair..I hate that maternal feeling when you're holding a baby and you're not going to have one of your own anytime soon...

I spent the evening with Dev last night waiting for his mom to get home from the hospital.. I promised them both dinner. Then I found out while I'm sitting there that his ex-wife was in the delivery room with them.. Not quite sure why that bothers me so much, but .. none the less, I got to be at the house today when he came home and got to hold him.. I took Rach with me as she wanted to see him too. She got to meet Dev too.. which may have been a pivotal point today, he seemed to realize that I do have an amazing relationship with my daughter that he hadn't seen before. And I've been invited to the family brunch on Thursday morning.

He said something to me the other night (when he kidnapped me) that I forgot about. When we detoured back to the house to get cds for the road, his mom came out to talk to me which he said was weird. When I asked why weird, he said that both his mom and sister want us to be together. I just sort of nodded and said ok... and now with them inviting me to the family brunch, sets it in stone that I'm one of them now. Not sure he is Ok with that or not.. he sorta had a funny look on his face when his mom asked me.

I, of course, work, the night of her shower and then the next morning when the brunch is, however, if I beg, borrow and plead I may be able to dump the brunch shift off. I can't get rid of the one for the shower as I have a training course that runs til the end of my shift.

Anyways.. woken up by some psycho beyotch from the school board at 8am this morning in the middle of my holidays when I want to sleep in didn't help my disposition today... so I'm going to bed..