Let's be a leeeetle controversial...

So now the US government wants to play God some more.

What on earth are they doing in meddling in a person's right to die with dignity and passing last minute legislation in order to allow yet another appeal for something that has already been decided. Terri deserves the right to die the way she wants, the way her husband wants. Her parents are selfish selfish people that need a reality check - this is NOT about them. This is about explotation of their daughter and her right to be free of the prison of her body.

Over the past few years, I have been misdiagnosed several times and one of the huge misdiagnoses was that I had Lou Gherig's Disease. When I heard that, I panicked. My family panicked. My mother moved from Ontario to Alberta to be here so that when things progressed to being unable to care for myself that there was support for my daughter, myself and my ex. I read everything I could get my hands on, including a woman's story of living with the disease from diagnosis til the end, which is generally 2-3 yrs from diagnosis. I decided, like her, that when it got to the point where I could no longer breathe on my own, where I was completely dependant on everyone for absolutely everything, that I was going to get the assistance required to go. On my terms.
Thank Biff/God/Fred/Fish/whoever, for the misdiagnosis - however, it was a mortality check. And I have made sure that it is very clear to everyone in my family that I do not wish to be like Terri.

I hope she takes strength from the tremendous pressure her husband is under and understands somehow everything he is doing for her so that she can be at peace after her 15 yr struggle.

God speed, Terri, God speed.

And now to Canada... CSIS fucked up. The investigation into the Air India bombing was botched from the word go, however - how on this earth do you expect a public inquiry 20 yrs later to solve anything more than we already know. Are we looking to point fingers? Ok so point all you want. The former director of CSIS has retired. Civil suit? How are you going to get blood from a stone? So we want some closure? Ok, I get it. But it was 20 fucking years ago!! Since that day, security measures have increased and changed 100 fold, Sept 11th has happened and that has changed things far more than a public inquiry into human error and stupid inept mistakes. CSIS has admited that things happened wrongly. What more do you want??? A guilty verdict for the two men that have been on trial for 20 yrs? Yeah I get that. But wasting my tax dollars on a 20 yr old investigation is not going to give you closure. That is something you have to do by yourself.

And now to local news... some whack job is attempting to abduct children in and around my neighbourhood over the past few days. So now Rach can't walk the dog alone. *sigh* Poor dog *laugh*, its gonna be a long few days Freck, I'm sorry. What is highly stupid is that the police are sending the composite sketch to all the local elementary schools in THIS area. Have they fucking forgotten that half the kids in these neighbourhoods don't actually go to school anywhere near here? We have no district school dumbass, so the kids that actually LIVE here and are out after school and before school when these attempts are taking place, don't get to see the sketch except on the 11pm news when they're in bed!?!
Fuck it, I'm tired of winter, I'm tired of stupid governments and I'm moving to Costa Rica to play with sea turtles.