O is for octogenerian

Octogenerian is such a great word... I'd like to use it to describe my old car. Since 8 is an Octo of sorts. That's how long I've had her. 8 looong death defying years.







O is for orgasmic. This car, pictured here.. is completely orgasmic. When I test drove it, I was offered a towel to keep the leather safe. She doesn't have bumpers, so the UK model is not importable to Canada and the US version blows goats for pennies.











O is for onomatopoeia. Another of my favourite words.

Main Entry: on·o·mato·poe·ia
Pronunciation: "ä-n&-"mä-t&-'pE-&, -"ma-
Function: noun
Etymology: Late Latin, from Greek onomatopoiia, from onomat-, onoma name + poiein to make
1 : the naming of a thing or action by a vocal imitation of the sound associated with it (as buzz, hiss)
2 : the use of words whose sound suggests the sense
- on·o·mato·poe·ic /-'pE-ik/ or on·o·mato·po·et·ic /-pO-'e-tik/ adjective
- on·o·mato·poe·i·cal·ly /-'pE-&-k(&-)lE/ or on·o·mato·po·et·i·cal·ly /-pO-'e-ti-k(&-)lE/ adverb

O is for ordinary - which I am not. Never have been, never will be.

O is for Octopus Garden - when I was growing up, this was the name of my parents' business. For several reasons... one from the Beatles song, second because their business was fairly diverse and there were multiple 'tentacles' in which you could hang their business card off of in terms of what they did and lastly, my mom is a gardener by hobby. We had almost an acre of garden growing up and all our veggies were fresh from the garden, and lots of canning and freezing for the winters. The business name evolved into Octopus Audio Visual as their operating name later on, and eventually shortened to OAV... I think my dad still answers his phone on occasion with "Octopus" which now sounds like an odd name to a business...but I guess it stands out.

O is for Owen, Clive I first saw him in Beyond Borders with Angelia Jolie and then in Gosford Park and by the time Derailed came out, I was smitten. However, he is rumoured to be a Liverpool fan, which is almost unforgivable. Arsenal!

O is for out of any more things O. So I am going to ramble about my new car... and if you haven't guessed, I'm quite excited about it.

As previously mentioned, its a Saturn L200. Its colour is called Silver Blue. Its a metallic silvery blue, just as the name suggests. 4 dr, 4 cyl 2.2 litre, power windows, locks and heated power mirrors, factory alarm and immobilizer, LATCH system for the car seat, neutral beige cloth interior, am/fm cd stereo, side curtain airbags, and according to the order sheet it has a steering wheel (always good!) and 1 15" steel wheel (yes it says it in the singular terms). It has 45,000 kms on it and with the 2.2 engine, it has some get up and go for a 4 banger. I was reading online last night some reviews of the car and it has a decent rating and the consu mer re ports thingie also says it has a decent safety rating too. Now the previously mentioned clunk was indeed something to do with the steering system. It could have potentially been a deal breaker. However.. it will get repaired.
So due to waiting for fundage, it will arrive home with me a week today. I'm hyped..can you tell?