Monday night excitement on Tararidge Dr

So as I'm sitting here at about half past 12 in the morning checking email and getting ready to head to bed, the house is quiet....

BANG

.... First thought, gun shot outside my house. Do I hide? No, I throw on the outside light and run outside like an idiot. I arrive outside just in time to witness some crazy person backing up their car after they've slammed into a parked car and pushed that car an entire car length and shoved into the parked car in front of it, which in turn slams into the next parked car in front of it.... and she's trying to leave the scene. She made it about 10 cars up the street before myself and another neighbour got to her and yanked open the car doors and grabbed the keys.

I'm covered in airbag dust/gas and my skin is burnt from it. And then I had to wake Scott to get his keys to move his car as he was in the way for the tow trucks. Envisioning tomorrow morning's conversation with him will go something similar to "What did you need my keys for? Is my car ok? What?"

If she had swerved left instead of right to avoid the "cat" she claims ran in front of her, she'd have smoked my car, Scott's car and the Suburban on our side of the street. Took the cops over an hr to get to us (good thing no one was hurt) and its now 330am and we're all finally going to bed after giving statements. Our guess based on the handful of tickets she had, she got Undue Care and Attention, Reckless, Leaving The Scene and possibly a speeding ticket as there is no way someone doing 50km/hr could have ploughed into a car and moved it as far as she did. Her brother and her boyfriend showed up and tried to buy everyone off before hand, however the cops were mentioned, they dropped it. She totalled 4 cars. The Paseo is a complete write off, the Buick probably will be written off as the car is only worth 3 grand and the bumper and fender are both severely damaged and the Honda Accord that the Buick slammed into had its emergency brake on (which did prevent it from being launched into the minivan in front of it) which will have caused axle damage as well as the bumper is crushed. Her Honda's front end is gone.

There were a couple of points of entertainment in the whole thing... the neighbours got to know each other well... I met the whore across the street who proceeded to tell me as she witnessed the accident, she and her bf were texting each other and the message she received 10 seconds before the accident was "I'm horny, I'll be there in about a half hr." Do you really tell your neighbours that at 1am when you're all sober on a Monday night??? I also met the peroxide blond who's daughter owns the Paseo, and I must say, bitch is being nice.
I think I was one of the few sane rational people on the street at 1am.