Answers to Penny's questions...

Penny asked me some questions for the blog-a-thon...

1. You've just won the Super 7 (congrats!) and are now have $17.5 million in your back account. Other than the usual "pay my bills, buy myself a car, ensure my child is taken care of financially" stuff, what would you do next?

So assuming that I have also taken care of my sister and my mom, I would see the world.
I want to spend oodles of time in Europe and not have to worry about the costs - I want to be able to sleep in a monastary (you can in Spain and Italy for nominal donations!), rent an apartment in Russia for a month, learn the languages enough to order pizza. To live like a local.
I would also like to buy my Granny's artwork from my father (since I won't get any otherwise) so that it doesn't get sold or destroyed.

2. You come from a family of creative/artistic people. What do you feel is the most creative thing you've ever done (details, please).

My creativity sadly does not span into the artsy stuff like my mom, sister and granny in the same way. They are all very talented with a paint brush, needle or pencil... I crochet alot but I believe that my outlet is far more in a writing venue. Granted my posts here are not always coherent but when I sit down to put pen to paper to come out with something that I want to be more than babble, I can do so. I guess that my last blanket that I designed myself and did for Devin's sister for her birthday was pretty creative. I have lots of visions, but I make great stick people.

3. Do you think Canada needs an election right now?

If we have an election right now, I suspect that the Bloc will get in as the NDP has the same agenda that is already in place. Hard to say and I wish that in the past month that I had been following the news, but really, can it get much worse? At least we don't have Dubya.

4. What's the best thing about having a child/children?

I get to give her the childhood I never had. Protect her from the shit that I had to deal with. She makes me laugh. She makes me feel old. And she challenges me in ways that I don't get elsewhere. Have you tried rationalizing with a 12 yr old??

5. What's the worst?

Letting go... she has taken her babysitters course and I'm terrified to let her babysit... knowing that very very soon she can get her learner's permit... terrified to let her drive... realizing that someday she's going to have to deal with my death and wanting to protect her... and last but not least.. PUBERTY!!!!