Road Trip to Banff...

I absolutely love road trips. Despite working for an airline, nothing is more fun than getting behind the wheel and zooooooming down the highway.
So off I zoom in the Kia to Banff. I dropped the kidlets off at school at 845 and am in Banff by 950. Not bad when I have to battle rush hour traffic to get out of Calgary. But hit the open highway and 140kms an hour and cruise control... I'm there.
I pick Jake up and we decide we're going to explore Kanaskasis back country where neither of us had been before. We're just turning off the TransCanada and his cell rings. Finding a spot, I pull off as the signal strength is the shits in the middle of the Rockies. Throw on the hazard lights, he does his thing, and then off we go. I look down at the spedometer. Its not moving.
"Ummmmm I think the spedometer is forked.", I say.
"Uh yeah, it looks a little forked. Perhaps its like a Microsoft product and it needs a hard reboot.", says the geek in the passenger seat who has just had a 15 min conversation about SMTP servers and email routing without using LookOutItsAnM$Product.
So I stop the car, turn it off, wait the prerequisite 10 seconds and restart it. Now it doesn't even go to 20kms where it had been before.
Ok then, back to Kia this car is going....again. Oh before I forget the keyfob issue is still not resolved, it has to do with a module in the car that is broken and it will be 2-3 months before a module arrives.
So the highway we take takes us through some weirdass back country and we end up back in Canmore, where we just got gas. So we try again.
Back down the TransCanada and get the proper exit and off we go. We end up where the G8 Summit was. We wander around for a bit... rather boring as it is just a hotel and Nakiska ski resort, where the 88 Olympics ski events were. (Calgary had absolutely NO snow for the winter Olympics for the 88 nordic events they had to go to Banff, Nakisa and Canmore - I wore shorts to the opening ceremonies as it was something daft like 18 C)
Then we try to find Fortress ski resort and end up on this dirt road covered in ice that says "Banff, 79 kms". After 10 kms of this horrifically icy/slushy/mud road, I turn around.
"No freakin way I can do 79 kms of this and we're still going UP the mountain."
We do lunch in Canmore, I gawk some more at the humbling rocks, drop him off and zooooom home with no spedometer.

I get home and Rach needs a ride home from dance practise and calls me at 7. So off I go to get her. Spedometer works fine.
Fucking Microsoft products.