Will wonders ever cease?


Due to the fact that I have to provide my income tax information to D by June 30th, and there were some other pressing issues I needed to discuss, I finally decided that after 6 months that I ought to place a call. I called the Calgary number to get a recording that says "The number you have received has been changed to.......". So I called. The voicemail recording has TTW's voice and name included. I slap my head and figure ..well I'm sure you can come to your own conclusions.

I didn't leave a message and I call back in between the first and second period of the Calgary/Detroit game 4. He answers and I said "D, its Kristin, I have 3 things I need to discuss with you...." and I rhyme them off. After 15 minutes of him egging me on for an argument despite me saying "I did not call to fight or argue" I finally said "We're not going to argue anymore, that isn't why I called." and he finally stopped.

We actually had a decent 90 minute conversation which brought him up to date on Miss P and my new car etc etc. And he asks about my car. So I told him about it. He asks then "How's the tires?" I said "Factory, so they're shite, but they'll be fine until fall." He goes off babbling and then says that he is going to get me new tires and a whole bunch of things and just talks...as he does.

This morning, most of the conversation forgotten, the phone rings at 1130. "Hi, I need your bank account info. I just got off the phone with B&L and I have your tires ordered and I am going to deposit the money for them in your account and you have to call to set it up for when you can get there."
Say what?!?
So not truly believing what I'm hearing, I give him my account info again (he has had it in the past to deposit support way back when). He tells me he is headed to the bank and he'll call me later and gives me the deets on who and where and tells me to call him to book it in.
So I call, I get an appointment for tomorrow (Saturday) and I check my account 15 minutes later and lo and behold, there is $630 deposited into my account for the tires.
I called him back to thank him for that and that I had an appointment for tomorrow. He is genuine and sincere.

I have made tentative arrangements for Miss P and I to fly up to Buttfuck Alberta in about 10 days or so to see him for the day - fly in and fly out same day.

He has made the effort and in his words, thrown me a bone. So I have to extend my hand back and attempt to do this civilly. We had a decent conversation, but it will be one day at a time.

My mother and I are not seeing eye to eye on this. She seems to think that I am going to get suckered or that something is going to fail. Even if we cant fly in and out on the same day and have to spend the night, I will ensure that things are booked and paid for before we get there (its very difficult to find accomodations in Buttfuck at the moment due to the booming economy there) and I am not going to go in blindly.

But anyways... wonders haven't ceased yet.